- One of the best ways to rodent-proof your home is to identify and seal as many entry points into your home as possible.
- Store all garbage in metal or heavy plastic bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Remove all weeds and debris in your yard and especially near your home so rats do not have a place to hide.
- Clean up all food scraps inside and outside your home.
- Do not leave extra pet food out. It is an open invitation to rodents to come in and feast.
- Keep outside doors closed and use metal trim so rodents can't gnaw and enter underneath the door.
- Make sure all windows have screens and check them frequently for holes.
Rodent prevention and control is crucial to avoid infestations that can cause significant damage to infested buildings, and agriculture. Rodents are carriers of many diseases and are proven a health hazard to humans and pets. Rodent populations grow quickly and consistently. Rodent control is best begun prior to infestations. In order to protect your home, garden, and health from existing rodent infestations, professional, customized extermination methods provide the best and safest treatments. Rodent Prevention Tips